The messenger conductor can be of galvanised steel wire also.
The purpose of messenger wire is
A) It acts as load bearing wire.
B) It acts as earth or neutral conductor.
To be used at cotages of 600V phase-to-phase or less and at conductor temperatures not to exceed 75oC for polyethylene insulated conductors or 90oC for crossliked polyethylene(XLPE) insulated conductors.
1. B-230 Aluminum Wire, 1350-H19 for Electrical Purposes.
2. B-231 Aluminum Conductors, Concentric-Lay-Stranded.
3. B-232 Aluminum Conductors, Concentric-Lay-Stranded, Coated Steel Reinforced (ACSR).
4. B-399 Concentric-Lay_Stranded 6201-T81 Aluminum Alloy Conductors.
5. B498 Zinc-Coated Steel Core Wire for Aluminum Conductors, Steel Reinforced (ACSR).
6. Duplex Service Drop cable meets or exceeds all applicable requirements of ANSI/ICEA S-76-474
Aerial Bundle Cable ( ABC cable ) has characters of power-transmitting and strong mechanical. In comparison with bare wire, aerial bundle cable (ABC cable) boasts many advantages, such as：small span in laying, higher safe reliability, better atmosphere aging resistence property. Aerial bundle cable has the priority to be used in urban and rural power-transmitting construction project.
Aerial Bundle Cable Primarily used for 120 volt overhead service applications such as street lighting,outdoor lighting,and temporary service for construction.To be used at voltages of 600 volts phase-to-phase or less and at conductor temperatures not to exceed 75oC for polyethylene insulated conductors or 90oC for crosslinked polyethylene(XLP)insulated conductors.